It is an honor to represent you on the City Council since December 2020.
I respectfully ask for your vote to elect me to a four-year term because I have the skills and background to do this job effectively. I have no conflicts of interest and am objective in my decision-making. I am analytical in my approach and I do the research necessary to make an informed decision.
Over my 32-year career, I have worked in public health and safety for government agencies and non-profit health care organizations. My expertise includes budget development and analysis, research studies, facilitation of process improvement standards, supervision of employees and projects, and information technology. I have a deep understanding of the needs of our first responders and health care professionals, and these skills translate into other areas of our city government.
- I serve as your representative on the Southern Nevada Health District. I have assisted with COVID-related issues and other health matters in our community. I am identifying additional services which will meet the needs of our community.
- I collaborate with Police Chief Chesley and city managers to increase the functionality of existing public safety software, especially in staffing metrics so the police administration is able to collect more detailed staffing reports, improve analysis, and deploy most effectively.
- I collaborate with Fire Chief Andrus and city managers to address increases in the frequency of medical calls and transports. We worked together to add EMT and paramedic positions to bring logistical, economical, and continuity of care to a superior level.
- I publish newsletters to inform our residents of active projects, upcoming events, and how processes work in the city, along with information from the Southern Nevada Health District.
- I engage in our economic development and provide input based on community needs and how it will affect living in Mesquite.
- I have been active in the community by attending events, supporting non-profit organizations, and talking with constituents to understand their concerns and explore new ideas.
It takes everyone working together to develop a thriving community. The issues that are critical to our city include:
- Providing resources for first responder police and fire.
- Diversifying economy and supporting small businesses.
- Expanding health care services and specialties.
- Ensuring water sustainability and protecting natural resources.
- Balancing infrastructure as our population grows.
- Building affordable and workforce housing.
- Encouraging educational opportunities.
- Attracting qualified workers.
- Promoting tourism.
- Being fiscally responsible.
My husband, Greg, and I have resided in Mesquite since 2012. Our adult children live in the Mesquite and Las Vegas areas. Greg and I are active in local non-profit organizations, primarily community theater and animal rescue. We love to travel, camp, and hike. We enjoy the beautiful environment and the wonderful city we call home.